Develops the skills of an administrative professional for current business practices. Uses computer technology for tasks such as scheduling, email, and faxing. Develops communication, organization and prioritizing skills, telephone techniques, problem solving, and analytical abilities. Analyzes current trends in workplace ethics and the multi-cultural workplace. Develops workplace readiness and applies job search skills for current job market. Prerequisites: CAS 216 and OS 220. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to OS 245 Office Systems and Procedures! Please access the class and complete the Academic Integrity e-mail by Wednesday of the first week of the term. If you fail to send this e-mail by this date, you will be assigned a NS grade and a wait-listed student may be offered enrollment in your place. Be sure to read the specific course requirements below.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- To complete homework for this class, you will need Microsoft Office 2013, 2010 or 2007 and Windows 7 or 8. Required textbook: The Administrative Professional: Technology & Procedures, 14th Edition, Authors: Patsy Fulton-Calkins, Dianne Rankin, Kellie A. Shumack. ISBN-10: 0538731044, ISBN-13: 9780538731041. Recommended Text: How 13: A Handbook for Office Workers, Clark and Clark (This is a recommended text. You must have an approved reference manual). The textbook is available at the campus bookstores. To order your books on-line go to: http://www.pcc.edu/resources/bookstore/. Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|11137 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Mary L Schatz
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania