GRN282 Gerontology Prof Seminar
Provides job tools and learning outcomes assessment opportunities for students completing the Gerontology Degree and any Certificates. Focuses on reviewing and modifying career and educational/training goals; reassessing the occupational outlook and labor market; building a professional network; formulating mission and vision statements and other branding tools; developing master portfolios and resumes, job specific resumes, websites, brochures, cards, and other job tools; preparing for behavioral job interviews; and creating Degree and Certificate presentations in ePortfolios that assess learning outcomes and position students for employment and continued education. Prerequisite: GRN280B. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- GRN282 the Gerontology Professional Seminar is taken near the end of a student's work on the AAS Degree and/or Certificates. Topics include reviewing and revising career goals and plans; analyzing the labor market, planning a job search, and reviewing internships; building a network and formalizing mission/vision statements; creating Master and Job Specific Resumes; preparing for Job Interviews; planning, creating, and sharing Career and Learning Outcome Assessment ePortfolios; and presenting a Capstone, virtually or in person. The required textbook is Managing Your Career in Aging, which is also used for GRN181 and 280b. Annette Lansing and Jan Abushakrah are co-teaching this course. Students are encouraged to attend some or all of the Gerontology Monday meetings, particularly the Capstone Seminar on the Monday of Finals Week. See the Gerontology Mondays & Course Calendars for details. Fall Term Gerontology Mondays will be held in SS121, unless otherwise indicated.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- To login to your course in D2L, please go to https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage. Be sure to Apply for Graduation for any Certificate that is not one of your declared majors! Contact Jan at email@example.com or 971-722-4077 with any advising or graduation questions. Students in this course have access to their ePortfolios and to the Gerontology Program Homeroom in D2L.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||45429||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Jan L Abushakrah
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania