ED252 Behavior Management
Behavior terminology will be defined and applied. Students will demonstrate and practice baselining, setting up a program, reinforcing, modeling, shaping, chaining, monitoring and graphing data. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- ED 252 is an overview of behavior management that includes understanding and assessing behavior, measuring and charting behavior, strategies for behavioral assessment, developing positive behavioral supports and interventions, legal challenges, maintaining a safe school environment, and strategies for decreasing disruptive behaviors.
You will learn how to use positive behavioral supports (PBS) to prevent challenging behaviors within the K-12 school setting and you will see how to measure results of different strategies and interventions used with students struggling with behavioral issues to teach self-management.
Course content will address the specific needs of learners with disabilities while emphasizing the relevance of PBS for all children and youth.
This course will be especially helpful to the paraeducator who works in one the following capacities as: Skills trainer, Skills group leader, CICO system monitor, Hall monitor, In house suspension room monitor, Behavioral support EA (one- on-one ED student), General Ed educational assistant, Lunch supervisor,or Library assistant.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: Behavior Management: Positive Applications for Teachers, 6th Edition Author: Thomas J. Zirpoli Publication Date: 2012 Publisher: Merrill (Pearson Prentice Hall) ISBN-10 0-13-706320-2, ISBN-13 978-0-13-706320-8
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43109||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Pam W Sellers
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade