Introduces the philosophical foundations of libraries and information services. Provides an overview of the history of libraries, different types of libraries, the roles of library staff, and the evolving purpose, function, and services of libraries within a community. Explores library ethics, values, advocacy, and governance. Prerequisites: Placement into WR 121. Prerequisite/concurrent: LIB 101. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook: Fourie, D.K., Dowell, D.R. (2009). Libraries in the information age: An introduction and career exploration. (2nd Ed.). Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited. ISBN-13: 978-1-59158-434-6 Software Needs: Students should have access to MS Office or Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Sites in order to complete assignments. Students are expected to submit assignments using the following file formats: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|45450 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Lori H Wamsley
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade