Concepts of a client-based relational database management system (RDBMS) and application of such systems to the business environment. Topics include database management issues, database design, creating and maintaining databases, creating forms, queries and reports. Design, create and maintain a database system. Recommended: CIS 121 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- * This course uses Desire2Learn. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login. * This class requires time and dedication on your part. You will be online a lot during the term so be sure you have a solid computer and a stable internet connection. * You must have a headset for talking and listening to online meetings.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Your text is Databases DeMYSTiFieD; Hard stuff made easy 2nd Ed. by Andy Oppel, McGraw Hill, 2011, ISBN 978-0-07-174799-8. You will supplement this reading with additional research and discussions with other individuals via Desire2Learn. You will also NEED a headset for use during mandatory online meetings because you want to hear and be heard. Both items may be purchased through the PCC bookstore.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|44181 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Vicki J Jonathan
Notes: Access 2013 available
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania