MUS202 Intro to Music & Its Lit
Covers music of the Classic and Romantic eras of music history. Prerequisite/concurrent: WR 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please introduce yourself in Discussion by Wednesday of the first week of class, or you will be dropped to allow wait students entry. Welcome to Introduction to Music and its Literature. This course will cover the Classic and Romantic era of music history and include important style characteristics, along with representative musical compositions and composers. There will be quizzes every week, study guide assignments, musical terms to define, listening assignments, and class bulletin board responses. The quizzes are used as a learning tool, therefore you may re-take them with the highest score being recorded. The Mid Term and Final Exam can be taken only 1 time and are timed. You will be required to write a Term Project on a topic of your choice (4-8 pages) and complete a Musical Experience which may include listening to a CD, watching a TV program or attending a live concert sometime during the quarter. All communication for this course takes place using D2L. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- PC/Mac users will need a CD ROM, speakers with the ability to play MIDI files, QuickTime Movies, MP3 files, FLASH media and RealPlayer. Homework assignments are to be done with Microsoft Word for PC or Mac. Acceptable files include: .doc .docx or .rtf. Use Firefox as your browser Enjoyment of Music 11th Ed. ISBN 978 0 393 93520 2 January 2011 Hardcover $97.50. This text will be used for Mus 201, Mus 202, and Mus 203.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||11627||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Judy L Cervetto Hedberg
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek