Continues skill development for ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding of diagnostic and procedural statements utilizing applications of coding and reporting standards. Prerequisite: HIM 270. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is only open to students admitted to the HIM program. See http://www.pcc.edu/him for admission information. The code book is optional. PCS was designed to not require an index and can easily be coded from an electronic file available free from the CMS website. (If you would like a printed book, get the one published by OPTUM. You can use from 2014 on.)
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook: ISBN: 9781584264330 Edition: 2015 Title: ICD-10-PCS An Applied Approach Authors: Lynn Kuehn and Therese Jorwic Publisher: AHIMA
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|13009 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Cristina R Co
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade