HIM271 Quality Improv in Healthcare
Covers medical staff organization, physician credentialing, and quality improvement techniques in the healthcare setting. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course is only open to second year students who have been accepted into the health information management degree program.
Students should also be co-enrolled in HIM274, which is the lab section.
This course will use the following books:
Fundamentals of Health Care Quality Management, 4th Edition, by Patrice Spath, published by Brown-Spath and Associates.
Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach, 4th Edition, Edited by Nanette Sayles, published by AHIMA - you should have this book from previous classes and should keep it in order to prepare for the RHIT exam.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||11700||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Judy L Osswald
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade