FP242 Hazardous Materials Chemistry
Covers basic chemistry relating to hazardous materials categories. Includes key recognition, identification, reactivity, and health hazards encountered by emergency services. Prerequisites: FP 112, FP 123, WR 121 and MTH 65. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course requires the use of the North American Emergency Guidebook 2012 edition. Learning Outcomes: Identify and describe the common elements of the Periodic Table Distinguish between elements, compounds and mixtures Explain the difference between ionic and covalent bonding Define the basic chemistry involved with common hydrocarbon derivatives Describe the basic chemical and physical properties of gases, liquids and solids Describe the nine US Department of Transportation hazard classes and their respective divisions Demonstrate the utilization of guidebooks, MSDS and other reference materials to determine an initial course of action
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Course Requirements are: FP 112 FP 123 RD 115 Wr 121 Math 65 Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||14217||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 21-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Dennis C Katz
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade