Introduces sheltered instruction strategies that will modify content for English Language Learners in the k-12 classroom. Provides opportunities to explore curriculum development and the needs of the learner. Examines the impact of immigrant culture on the ELL experience. Prerequisite: RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please purchase the books right away as the assignments will be due the first Sunday of the term.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The required textbooks are as follows: Teaching Second Language Learners- Cary AND Making content comprehensible for English learners: the SIOP model -Echevarría, Vogt & Short There will be a third book which will be available as an ebook with the PCC library.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|45454 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Tanya G Mead
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade