ED269 Teach Lrning Disabled Student
Defines terms associated with learning disabilities and behavior disorders. Includes diagnostic procedures, remedial programs and teaching techniques. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- The purpose of this course is to introduce students to the field of learning disabilities. The course covers the laws that affect students with learning disabilities. Discover the history, assessment, medical aspects and characteristics of students who have learning disabilities. Learn about teaching strategies for oral language, reading, writing, mathematics, and social-emotional development.
This course may be applied toward the Paraeducator - Associate in Applied Science degree, Paraeducator 1 Year Certificate, Library/Media Assistant Certificate. This course has been accepted by the Teachers Standards and Practices Commission toward teacher re-licensing.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text
'Learning Disabilities', 12 Edition,
By Janet Lerner & Beverley Johns,
Available at the Cascade and Sylvania Campus Bookstores or online.
PCC Online at: http://bookstore.pcc.edu/cgi-db2/start.mac/start
THIS IS A FULLY ONLINE COURSE No face to face meetings required.
Course Requirements: Weekly discussions, reading assignments, short quizzes will be required. In addition, independent projects will be assigned.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||12320||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Pam W Sellers
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade