ED224 Foundations of Education
Provides an overview of the history and current issues in the field for K-12 education including the impact of philosophy on practice. Prerequisites: RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Instructor: Heidi Cadmus, MLIS, 14 years experience as Educator and Librarian. ED 224DL provides an overview of the history and current issues in the field of K-12 education including the impact of philosophy on practice. This online course is arranged chronologically and employs a modular design. For Learning Outcomes, students will be able to: *Use global and historical perspectives, philosophical concepts, and educational views to articulate evolving teaching philosophies of their own; *Use knowledge of the organization and management of the k-12 education system at a local, state, and national level to appropriately access resources; *Relate specific educational practices in teaching and organization/management to philosophical theories and practical considerations in order to engage in professional collaborations; *Connect issues of current and historical relevance to the field of education (e.g., diversity, accountability, standards, assessment, local vs. state vs. national control, funding) to professional daily practice. In addition to the PCC outcomes listed above, PCC is part of a statewide consortium of colleges and universities that have agreed to ensure that additional outcomes have been met by students who pass this course. This course is required by most teacher preparation programs.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Course Prerequisites: RD 115, WR 115 or consent of Instructor. Required Text: Ornstein, Allan C., Daniel U. Levine, Gerald L. Gutek, David E. Vocke. Foundations of Education, 12th edition. Houghton Mifflin Co., 2014. This textbook is quite comprehensive and will be a major source of information for the on-line version of this course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||12319||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Heidi L Cadmus
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade