Covers preparation for an entry-level systems administrator position utilizing Microsoft server operating systems. Focuses on the knowledge and skills necessary to design, install, configure, and administer an enterprise network using Microsoft Active Directory, including implementing Group Policies to centrally manage users and computers. Prerequisites: CIS 240M or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text(s) Title: WINDOWS SERVER 2012 INSIDE OUT Author: STANEK ISBN: 10: 0735666318 ISBN: 13: 978-0735666313 Students have two options for labs: 1. Working in the PCC Sylvania lab 2. Working from home Hardware Requirements (Students Working From Home): In order to perform the labs, students will require a computer capable of running a virtualization application (Virtual PC, VirtualBox, VMWare, etc) that can support up to 3 64-bit virtual machines running at the same time.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|42838 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Frank H Roberts
Tuition: credit Fees: $12.00
For information, contact Sylvania