CIS243 E-Commerce Information Systems
Encompasses the multi-faceted aspects of e-commerce information systems. Combines study of network, database and programming concepts with hands on skills. Provides a framework for the analysis of information system based e-commerce solutions to issues surrounding B2B, B2C, and intra-organizational trade. Provides a solid background in critical issues and technologies related to e-commerce. Recommended: CIS 120 and one programming class or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course provides broad based and balanced coverage of both the business and technology elements of eCommerce. This course presents concepts and skills for the strategic use of e-commerce and related information system technologies. Provides a framework for the analysis of e-commerce solutions to issues surrounding business-to-business, business to consumers, and intra-organizational trade. Includes study of network, database and programming concepts and examination of e-commerce in altering the structure of entire industries, and how it affects business processes including electronic transactions, supply chains, decision making and organizational performance. Please note that this is not a programming or web development course. PCC offers many other classes that focus on programming and web development.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: Electronic Commerce, 10th edition by Gary Schneider ISBN-13: 978-1133526827 ISBN-10: 1133526829 OR Electronic Commerce 11th edition by Gary Schneider ISBN-13: 978-1285425436 ISBN-10: 128542543X
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||12168||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Dan M Heinig
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania