BA237 Fundamentals of Import/Export
Examines motivations and procedures for the import and export of goods and services. Emphasizes U.S. import/export regulations, documentation, logistics, community resources and customer services. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Examines motivations and procedures for the import and export of goods and services. Emphasizes U.S. import/export regulations, documentation, logistics, community resources and customer services. Full Course Description: In prior international business courses you may have taken, youll have learned about the international business environment in which international trade is conducted. This course is about the practice of international business; the actual process of buying or selling internationally, how to ship the order, and how to get paid or pay. It includes an in-depth review of international documentation and compliance with U.S. and foreign laws. The goal of this course is to give you an idea of what the process of conducting international trade is like, and give you the skills to bring that knowledge to your current or future employer.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: The Global Entrepreneur 3rd Edition ISBN 978-0-9753153-1-6
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||12098||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: James F Foley
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania