Examines visual art and architecture as a reflection of human interaction with the socio-political and physical environment. Focuses on viewing, analyzing and comparing many art forms in an historical context, and covers the Renaissance and Baroque periods, beginning about 1300 CE. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Dear Students, below you will find the book information for Art 206, History of Western Art, from the Early Renaissance through the Baroque Period. I look forward to have you join me in the exploration of this exciting class! Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. 4.000 Credit hours
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: Fred Kleiner: Gardner's Art through the Ages: The Western Perspective, Volume 2, 14th Edition, 2014 ISBN-10: 1133954804 ISBN-13: 9781133954804 You do NOT need to buy the 15th edition, which was recently published. Another option is to rent the text via Cengage Publishing or other vendors that you might find online.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|30858 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 15-Aug-2015|
Instructor: Susanne E Tringali
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek