Introduces Chicano/Latino history in the United States beginning with Spanish colonization and continuing with the Mexican-American War and the migration of Chicanos/Latinos. Covers the events that shaped the Chicano/Latino experience, such as the Bracero Program, the Chicano Movement, and U.S. foreign policy in Latin America. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Required Texts: (1) Gonzalez, Juan. 2011. Harvest of empire: a history of Latinos in America. New York: Penguin. (2) Stavans, Ilan, and Lalo Alcaraz. 2012. Latino USA: a cartoon history. New York: Basic Books. Please be sure to post on the Introduction Discussion within the first three days of the term or you may be dropped. There is an assignment that will require you to rent or otherwise obtain a film; copies of the film may be in the PCC library. You may need access to Netflix, Amazon Streaming or iTunes if you cannot find a DVD copy to view. The films are available to rent, they do not have to be purchased.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- You must log in and post to the Introduction Discussion board for the course within the first three days of the term or you may be dropped. There is an assignment that will require you to rent or otherwise obtain a film, copies of the film may be in the PCC library. You may need access to Netflix, Amazon Stream or iTunes if you cannot find a DVD copy to view. The films are available to rent, they do not have to be purchased.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|41561 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Jonathan A Ortiz
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek