CG105 Scholarships: $$ for College
Provides a systematic approach to researching and applying for scholarships. Topics include: Creating a scholarship portfolio, Oregon Student Assistance Commission application, PCC Foundation application, internet resources, and research strategies. Students will identify skills, accomplishments, values, goals, and life experiences, and learn strategies to translate them into an effective scholarship application. Interviewing tips will be discussed. Panels and guest speakers, including scholarship winners, will share perspectives on the scholarship process. Corequisite: WR 105: Scholarship Essay Writing Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CG 105 for Spring term 2015. This is a course designed to provide you with the skills and tools to search and apply for 2 scholarships in this term. Topics include: how to create a scholarship portfolio, using scholarship search engines accounts, and creating commonly requested documents. Students will identify skills, accomplishments, life experiences, values, and goals and then communicate them effectively on scholarship applications.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course is linked with WR 105 which focuses on essay writing for scholarships and has a prerequisite of WR 90.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||21775||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 13-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Paul L Halloran
Notes: Students must also register in WR 105, CRN: 27770.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek