WEB Distance Learning Online Class: Math & Science 43202
For Placement info contact 971-722-6255.
Attend a placement session to determine if skills are at appropriate level for this class, then register online.
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- GED Online Math and Science is a unique option offered through the ABE Dept. of PCC. It offers online instruction to adults who wish to prepare for the State GED (General Education Development) Examinations in Math and Science. The GED 2002 series ended December 31, 2013, and a new version, GED 2014, took effect on January 1, 2014. Any student who did not complete all 5 sections of the 2002 GED will need to start over with the GED 2014. No tests from the 2002 version will apply to the 2014 version.
Students may register online, in person, or on the phone (503 977-4933). For information on registering, consult the online Distance Learning Schedule of classes. (Go to pcc.edu, choose Resources, then Registration, and follow directions.) If you have taken a PCC class within the last two years, you should be able to register online in MyPCC, using CRN: 43202.
For information on Online learning and to take the Online Orientation, go to: http://www.pcc.edu/about/distance/orientation/ and follow the instructions.
Class starts September 22nd and runs for 11 weeks.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses.
To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
It is recommended that all students take a placement test on campus before taking this course to ensure proper placement and success. We have found the students who do the placement test are better prepared and more successful in the online class. As this is a distance learning class and some students may be unable (because of work or distance) to attend placement, you may e-mail the instructor. In your email, state that you are unable to attend placement, but have registered yourself into the class. The instructor will e-mail you to make sure the class will work for you. Instructor's e-mail: email@example.com. Be sure to check your MyPCC e-mail once you've been admitted to the college for messages.
For those who can attend placement: Call 503-788-6255 for the Placement Schedule at the campus most convenient for you or check online at http://www.pcc.edu/prepare/basic/enroll.html. Parking permits are required for campus sites only. All-day, evening, monthly, or carpool permits may be purchased in the PCC Business Office.
If you have a disability and need any special assistance (such as sign language interpreter, a reader, or a writer) in order to participate in the ABE placement session, please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (503-977-4341) at least two weeks before the session is held. Students who are 16 or 17 years old must take a copy of their written high school release to the placement session.
If it is discovered that you need to raise your reading score in order to participate in the class, a placement advisor will direct you to choices for a regular GED class.
To be sure to have a place in class, register yourself online and wait for further information from your instructor or call the office for immediate assistance (503)788-6255.
Payment of Fees:
You will be charged $60.20 per term for the math and science class ($55.20 per class plus a $5.00 technology fee). Students are required to pay in full two (2) Mondays PRIOR to the start of the term. Students who do not meet this payment requirement are subject to being deleted from their course registrations. Students who register after the payment deadline need to pay in full the same day.
Once more, please call 503-788-6255 for any other questions or information. Be sure to mention that it is the online Math and Science option you are interested in.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Write down the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes to register.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43202||-||22-Sep-2014 thru 13-Dec-2014|
Instructor: Linda C Daugherty
Tuition: $0.00 Fees: $60.20
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS