ED124 Inst. Strategies: Math/Science
Presents strategies for teaching, reinforcing, and assessing basic math concepts by moving in a continuum from concrete to abstract. Emphasizes using manipulatives to introduce concepts in addition, subtraction, division, fractions, and place value. Covers the use of writing to reinforce and assess math concepts and integration of math concepts into science curriculum. Prerequisites: MTH 60 or higher; placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course presents strategies for teaching, reinforcing, and assessing basic math concepts by moving in a continuum from concrete to abstract. Emphasizes using manipulatives to introduce concepts in addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, time, money, and place value. Also covers the use of writing to reinforce and assess math concepts and integration of math concepts into science curriculum.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: Sherman, Richardson, and Yard. Teaching Children who Struggle with Mathematics. Third Edition, Pearson Education, Inc., 2013 ISBN: 978-0-13-282060-8 The text is available as an e-book from course smart at the following link. http://www.coursesmart.com/teaching-learners-who-struggle-with-mathematics/helene-j-sherman-lloyd-i-richardson-george/dp/9780132820615
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||49502||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Michael C Hunter-Bernstein
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade