CAS220 Proj Mngmnt - Begin MS Project
Introduces MS Project, including building entry tables, generating reports, resolving resource and time conflicts, importing data, and tracking budgets. Includes the design and creation of accurate Gantt charts for use in project management. Recommend: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; experience with project management or MSD 279; working knowledge of Windows and file management. This course is part of the Project Management series of classes that includes MSD 279, BA 255, and CIS 245. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Beginning MS Project CRN: 43035
We strongly recommend that you have some experience with project management or MSD 279 and a working knowledge of Windows and file management.
Please Note: If you do not have some working knowledge of project management, this course will likely be difficult for you.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Texts:
Chatfield, Carl & Johnson, Timothy (2010). Microsoft Office Project 2010 Step by Step. Microsoft Press . ISBN-13: 978-0735626959
We will be using MS Project for this course but you will not need to purchase it. You will be provided with information on how to get your software and install it when class begins.
Please Note: MS Project does not have a version for the Mac so if you are a Mac user, you will either need to find a Windows PC or you will need to be able to run a virtual Windows environment on your Mac.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||43035||-||23-Sep-2013 thru 14-Dec-2013|
Instructor: Debbie S Austin
Notes: MS Project 2010.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania