Covers drug and alcohol addiction among older adults, including prescription and other drugs and alcohol, used either alone or in combination. As tolerance to the effects of alcohol and other drugs decline, aging adults have higher risk factors. Addresses issues specific to aging, including late onset addiction, effects of use on performance of activities of daily living, treatment issues and co-occurring disorders such as depression or other chronic illnesses. A multicultural perspective is used, including the role of social class and gender issues. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|42529 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 16-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Austin M Gray
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade