Centers on how to effectively work with people in a helping relationship. Introduction to coaching and gaining hands-on experience being and working with a client. Coaching helps clients examine the way they do things as well as what they do. Build your coaching skills by focusing on five key principles of coaching: coaching listening, powerful inquiry, creating choice, balance and fulfillment. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Coaching Great Performances! This course is designed for professionals in management positions who will be supervising and coaching individuals in business and professional environments. In the coaching model, we make the powerful assumption that our employees and clients are both capable and competent in determining their next steps...they are the 'experts' in their lives! This is distinctly different from consulting, mentoring, and teaching where the professional provides advice and directs the client. As a coach, your role is to ask open-ended questions that will cause your employees to think and reflect on their behavior, and then support and encourage them to set new goals! Coaches hold their employees accountable for their intentions and goals. Although coaching is an action-oriented, forward moving process, deeper levels of coaching encourage employees to reflect on their behaviors and actions, developing clarity on what works and what may get in the way of their success. To develop the skills of coaching, you will have the opportunity to coach someone and to share your learning with our class. You will become familiar with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). You will discover that through the coaching process, clients can discover their blind spots and experience break-through moments that can lead to new patterns of behavior! Finally, I will ask you to conduct some personal work around value clarification, goal setting, and constructing a life plan. In summary, Coaching empowers and builds confidence and competence in those we manage! The ability to coach supports, energizes, and motivates your clients and employees! I believe this is a must course for anyone who will be in a leadership position, managing and supervising others! The class is facilitated by a liscensed and experienced professional coach with a private practice.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- * The ability to read, write, and converse in the English Language This course is not intended for someone seeking to gain additional skills as an 'athletic coach.'
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|47335 WEB »||-||07-Nov-2016 thru 09-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Tim N Alexander
Notes: Class dates 11/7 - 12/9 online. $20 fee.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Southeast