Presents strategies for teaching, reinforcing, and assessing basic math concepts by moving in a continuum from concrete to abstract. Emphasizes using manipulatives to introduce concepts in addition, subtraction, division, fractions, and place value. Covers the use of writing to reinforce and assess math concepts and integration of math concepts into science curriculum. Prerequisites: MTH 60 or higher; placement into WR 121. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|34699 WEB »||-||20-Jun-2016 thru 23-Jul-2016|
Instructor: Michael C Hunter-Bernstein
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade