CIS133B Intro Visual Basic.NET Program
Introduces design, implementation and testing of software using Visual Basic.NET. Includes how to write Visual Basic.NET programs that solve practical, real world, business-oriented problems. Uses object oriented design techniques. Prerequisite: CIS 122 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This is the last term that CIS133b will be offered.
CIS233b will be offered Spring term for the last time
They will be replaced by a c# sequence
By the end of the class the student should be able to:
- Create Visual Basic.NET programs that solve simple business problems
- Validate user input
- Construct a Visual Basic.NET class based on a UML class diagram
- Perform a test plan to evaluate his/her work
- Adequately document Visual Basic.NET programs
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook
Starting Out With Visual Basic 2012
Tony Gaddis and Kip Irvine
Starting Out with Visual Studio 2010
Starting Out with Visual Studio 2008
- Visual Studio.NET 2012 or Visual Basic Express 2012.
- Acrobat Reader (Available for free through www.adobe.com)
- either Microsoft Word or Open Office Writer (Open Office is available for free thru www.openoffice.org)
(a MicroSoft service, free to CIS students, available sometime during the first week of class)
Visual Basic Express is included with your textbook
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||18089||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Dan J Dougherty
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania