Introduces the creation of sophisticated, dynamic, interactive and fully functional websites using WordPress, a Content Management System (CMS). Includes installing and modifying templates, creating efficient site navigation using menus, organizing a site using components, enhancing a site with plugins, creating a blog, and creating user functionality with user logins. Recommended: CAS 111D, CAS 206, and CAS 215; placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS181W WordPress! Please be sure to login and complete the Introduction Discussion Question by the first Wednesday of the term or you may be dropped from the class as a 'No Show'.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The OPTIONAL text for this class is: WordPress 24-Hour Trainer, Second Edition. George Plumley (Wrox Publishing/Wiley) ISBN-13: 978-1-118-00690-4
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|31865 WEB »||-||22-Jun-2015 thru 05-Sep-2015|
Instructor: Janet L Strong
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade