Introduction to land use zoning and international residential building codes. Selected portions of the code will be discussed, with application to sample building plans. Prerequisite/concurrent: ARCH 124 or BCT 103. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- I am a registered Architect in the state of Oregon and teach both Architecture and Interior Design classes at PCC. Knowing code regulations is the first step to *any* design.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This class will guide you through researching Portland's Zoning Code and the Oregon Residential Code. You will also have an opportunity to look at Zoning for Washington or Clackamas counties, if you chose to look at a property outside of Portland. Winter term will be 11 weeks long. Each week you will read an online illustrated lecture, review online zoning or building codes, read from an explanatory textbook, take an open-book, open-note quiz on the material covered, and submit a discussion post. We will also have a final project to apply your knowledge to a small design. Expect to spend 2-3 hours per week on the material and an additional 6-12 hours on the final project. Each week starts Monday morning and ends Sunday night. Lessons are cumulative and follow the weekly schedule.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|10695 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Michelle D Mueller
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania