Centers on how to effectively work with people in a helping relationship. Introduction to coaching and gaining hands-on experience being and working with a client. Coaching helps clients examine the way they do things as well as what they do. Build your coaching skills by focusing on five key principles of coaching: coaching listening, powerful inquiry, creating choice, balance and fulfillment. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Coaching Great Performances! I believe this is a must course for anyone who will be in a leadership position, managing and supervising others. Participants will understand that coaching is not consulting, mentoring, or advising employees, but rather encouraging and expecting those you lead to set and achieve their own goals. Your job, as a coach, is to ask open-ended questions, support, and encourage your clients/employees in exploring their next steps, and hold them accountable for their intentions. Coaching empowers and builds confidence and competence in those we manage! The ability to coach supports, energizes, and motivates your clients and employees! In this course you will be introduced to coaching skills, including questioning strategies. You will have the opportunity to coach someone and to share your learning with our class. You will become familiar with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). You will discover that through the coaching process, clients can discover their blind spots and experience break-through moments that can lead to new patterns of behavior! Also in the course, I will ask you to conduct some personal work around value clarification, goal setting, and constructing a life plan. In conclusion, what I have found is that most clients look forward to being coached, experience renewed energy, and view a brighter horizon! The class is facilitated by liscensed and experienced professional coach with a private practice.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- * The ability to read, write, and converse in the English Language * The course is designed for professionals in leadership positions who will be coaching and supervising individuals in business and professional environments. It is not intended for someone looking for skills as an athletic coach.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|31960 WEB »||-||27-Jul-2015 thru 28-Aug-2015|
Instructor: Tim N Alexander
Notes: $20 fee. Class dates 7/27 - 8/28 online
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS