MSD200 Organizations & Social Resp
Explores the changing relationships and responsibilities between organizations and their various stakeholders. Includes social and ethical issues of the community in which the company exists, employee rights and diversity, global corporate citizenship, role of government oversight of business, environmental issues, and consumer protection. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to MSD 200, Organizations and Social Responsibility, a course in which we will examine how organizations interact with their various stakeholders. By Friday of the first week of class, make sure you post to the Discussion Board to indicate your intention of completing the course. Upon entering class for the first time, on the 'Content' page click on the 'MSD 200 Course Introduction' button and carefully read the information in 'Orientation' and 'Syllabus' found there. There you will find most of the information you will need to successfully navigate this course. I have entered all reading and writing assignments for the term as well as my personal notes on each chapter. You may also access my notes and assignments by clicking the weekly 'To Do' button for the week you want, found on the Home Page. In this course we will explore various social, ethical, and political issues facing organizations today, and how successful organizations are dealing with them. These include the challenge of globalization, ethical treatment of employees and clients, the interface between government and organizations, ecology and the environment, consumer protection, and community relations. I look forward to working with you!
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Each week in this virtual edition of MSD 200, each student will be asked to read part of the text, write a brief assignment paper, and post their thoughts on our Discussion Board. This may be accomplished any time within the week (except the first week when it is due no later than Friday). The three essay quizzes will be completed at home and sent back to me within five days of their issuence. The text we will use can be found at our bookstore, titled Organizations and Social Responsibility, ISBN: 9781121257689. This is a customized text based on the original: Business and Society, Stakeholders, Ethics, Public Policy, 13th edition, by Lawrence and Weber.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||10390||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Joe B Wright
Notes: 971-722-6146. $20 fee.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS