ENG254 American Literature from 1865
Introduces students to the literature of the land which is now the United States from the mid-nineteenth century to the present. The course revolves around written manifestations of the various interests, preoccupations, and experiences of the peoples creating and recreating American culture. Prerequisite: WR 115 and RD 115 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to the course information page for English 254! I am looking forward to exploring American literature with all of you. We will be looking at literature written from 1865 to the present day. You can expect to write about the literature we are reading, exploring themes through weekly discussions, and taking short reading comprehension quizzes.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- For this class, you'll need to purchase the Norton Anthology to American Literature Shorter Edition Volume II (1865-present) and the novel Beloved by Toni Morrison. These books will be available in the Rock Creek campus bookstore.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||27782||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 13-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Elissa E Rust
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek