CIS234B Adv Visual Basic.NET Program
Continues the Visual Basic.NET Programming sequence utilizing relational database access, multiple document interface and software objects and classes. Structured design techniques emphasized throughout. Recommended: CIS 233B, 275; or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
This course continues the sequence of design, implementation,Topics include:
and testing of software using Visual Basic.NET
- Agile programming
- Object oriented design & implementation
- Creating business and software objects and collections
- N-tier architecture
- ActiveX Data Objects (ADO.NET)
- ActiveX DLLs, and EXEs
- Shared variables & methods
The principle objective of this course is to develop a portfolio
of Visual Basic projects that will impress employers.
- Course Specific Requirements:
There is no required textbook for the class
I recommend a good VB.NET reference such as
Murach's Visual Basic 2010
Windows 7 (Available through Dream Spark) is recommended .
Visual Studio.NET 2012 or 2013
Microsoft Office or Open Office (www.openoffioce.org)
Visio (only 1 copy per team is required)
Visual Studio.NET 2012 or 2013 and Visio available through Dream Spark - see below
While Windows 7 is recommended any of the following operating systems are OK:
- Windows 8
- Microsoft Vista
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition
- Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Windows 2000 Professional (SP3 or later required for installation)
- Windows 2000 Server (SP3 or later required for installation)
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||23287||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Dan J Dougherty
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania