BCT209 VectorWorks for Contractors II
Explores and expands on the study of Vectorworks CAD based software . Covers file management, drawing tools and rendering methods used to create orthogonal project documents and realistic three-dimensional conceptual drawings. Introduces Renderworks software for adding life like effects, colors and textures to three-dimensional Vectorworks drawings. Prerequisite: BCT 105 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Will your computer run Vectorworks? Find out your system requirements at this link: http://kbase.vectorworks.net/ Order the software: Order your free copy at this link http://student.myvectorworks.net When you order the free software make sure you register online with your PCC email address; that way they know you are a student. They will also want a copy of your student ID. What most student do is take a picture of their ID with their phone or smart phone and e-mail it to Vectorworks. Save your user name and password because after one year's use, you will be able to reregister for another free copy provided you are still a student. There are two ways to obtain the Vectorworks software. You can download it off of the Vectorworks Website or receive a DVD in the mail. If you have a fast internet connection and a fast computer the online download is a great way to go, however if the opposite is true you might want to order the disc. If you order the disc do it ASAP so that you don't get behind in your work. One more thing - You will have the choice of Vectorworks 2013 or 2014. Get the 2013 version, all of the video tutorials and step by step procedures are based on the 2013 version.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Book: Vectorworks Essentials by Jonathan Pickup; Software: Vectorworks 2013; Your requirements: Basic Computer competency and basic blueprint reading skills.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||24887||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Spencer W Hinkle
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek