Covers the work of women artists from antiquity to the present. Examines works of the most important women artists from each period in relation to the changing roles of women in society and to the canon of art history. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- A brief note of introduction. I'm Prudence Roberts and I've been teaching at PCC since 2001, both online and in the classroom at the Rock Creek campus. I am also a curator and freelance writer and have written essays on some of the artists I hope we'll discuss this term. Women in Art is one of my favorite classes, since there are so many amazing artists to talk about and to learn from, going all the way back to Greek and Roman times--and even earlier. So, while we'll definitely focus on modern and contemporary art, it's important to realize how many women worked as artists long before the present day.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This class is taught entirely online. But I do ask you to visit a gallery or museum for one assignment. It is really important to see works of art in person. If you are in the Portland area, I will be arranging one field trip on a weekend. Attendance is not required, but recommended. If you can make this field trip, that would count as your museum/gallery visit. Here is the information on the two books you'll be using for this class. As you can see, they are not very expensive. While I prefer the latest edition of Chadwick, you can get by with the fourth. Books: ISBN: 9780140259971 Edition: 98 Status: 98 Title: GUERRILLA GIRLS'BEDSIDE COMPANION TO... Author: GUERRILLA Publisher: PENG RAND Statement of Use: REQUIRED New Price: $0.01 Used Price: $0.01 ISBN: 9780500204054 Edition: 5TH 12 Status: 5TH 12 Title: WOMEN,ART,+SOCIETY Author: CHADWICK Publisher: NORTON Statement of Use: REQUIRED New Price: $24.95 Used Price: $18.75
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|13482 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Prudence F Roberts
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek