GRN265 Activity Professional Training
Provides didactic and experiential learning to prepare for an activity professional career with older adults in long term care facilities, adult daycare and community settings. Includes overview of the activity profession, late-life human development and health, standards of practice, activity planning for quality of life in a person-centered care model, and methods of service delivery for diverse populations. Students must have completed GRN 165 or the 36 CEU state-certification Activity Director Training course. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is one of a two part class that meet the requirement for National Activity Professional Certification by the National Certification Council of Activity Professionals. Most students find this an interesting and productive learning experience as they are doing work that is directly related to future employment. The 7 assignments/practicums provide not only real life /time experience but also provide excellent employment profolio examples of on the job experience.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This class requires that the student do an intership study at a Long Term Care / Rehab Skilled Facility, an Assisted Living Facility or an Alzheimer's Facility. The student should plan on about 90 hours of academic study / reading time and another 90 hours of intership study in a facility where they will complete 7 assignments/practicums directly related to the activity professional career. Students will be responsible for finding a sponsoring facility and mentor at that facility, assistance in securing a facility will be offered by the instructor but responsibility for contacting and presenting request for sponsorship will be completed by the student.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||12011||-||06-Jan-2014 thru 22-Mar-2014|
Instructor: Connie M Ratti
Notes: Jobsite placement required. Entire term online.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania