WEB Distance Learning: Online Class: RD/WR/SS 29319
For Placement info contact 971-722-6255.
Attend a placement session to determine if skills are at appropriate level for this class, then register online.
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- GED Online Reading and Writing is offered through the ABE (Adult Basic Ed--sometimes referred to as 'Adult Basic Skills' Dept. of PCC.) (Math and Science are in a separate section.) This course offers online instruction to adults who wish to prepare for the State GED (General Education Development) Examinations in Reading, Writing, and Social Studies, or those who wish to improve basic skills in reading and writing. Students may register online. For information on registering, consult the online Distance Learning Spring Schedule of classes. (Go to pcc.edu, choose Resources, then Registration, and follow directions.)
You will need to be admitted to the college in order to register for the classes. The above path will tell you what to do.
If you have taken a PCC class within the last two years, you should be able to register online in MyPCC, using CRN: 29319
For information on Online learning and to take the online orientation, go to: http://www.pcc.edu/about/distance/orientation/ and follow the instructions.
Online registration for GED Online Reading and Writing Spring Term is available Now.
Class starts April 1 and runs for 10 weeks.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses.
To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
Some students take a placement test before taking this course. As this is a distance learning class, and some students may be unable (because of work or distance) to attend placement, they may email the instructor. In your email, state that you are unable to attend placement, but have registered yourself into the class. I will email you to make sure the class will work for you. Instructor Email: TBA Be sure to check your MyPCC email--NOT your home email--once you've been admitted to the college--for messages. (To do this, go to pcc.edu, and follow directions--after you've been admitted.)
To be sure to have a place in class, register yourself online and wait for further information from your instructor, or call the office for immediate assistance (503)788-6255.
For those who can attend placement: Call 503-788-6255 for the Placement Schedule at the campus most convenient for you.
Once more, please call 503-788-6255 for any other questions or information. Be sure to mention that it is the online Reading and Writing option you are interested in.
The orientation info I gave you above will tell you detailed information on how to login to the class.You need an active MyPCC email account and daily access to a computer to participate in this class. If it is discovered that you need to raise your reading score in order to participate in the class, a placement advisor will direct you to choices for a regular GED class.
Course Specific Requirements: As stated above, you will pay (if you are a new PCC student), you need to first be admitted to PCC in order to register for the class. If you have a disability and need any special assistance (such as sign language interpreter, a reader, or a writer) in order to participate in the ABE placement session, please contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (503-977-4341) at least two weeks before the session is held. Students who are 16 or 17 years old must take a copy of their written high school release to the placement session.
You may pay class fees at a business office, pay online, or mail to PCC. PCC no longer sends bills out in the mail, but you may see your balance online through the PCC website 'MY PCC.' Economic Class Fee Waivers are available through your instructor. Be sure to tell her if you will have trouble paying for the class. If the per term fee is not paid, you will not be able to register for the following term. Fees are NOT refundable if the class is dropped.
Parking permits are required for campus sites only. All-day, evening, monthly, or carpool permits may be purchased in the PCC Business Office. Online Technical Requirements: Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode. Students with Disabilities: Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if special accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Write down the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes to register.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||29319||-||01-Apr-2013 thru 07-Jun-2013|
Instructor: Nancy M Jarrell
Tuition: $0.00 Fees: $35.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS