ART206 History of Western Art
Examines visual art and architecture as a reflection of human interaction with the socio-political and physical environment. Focuses on viewing, analyzing and comparing many art forms in an historical context, and covers the Renaissance and Baroque periods, beginning about 1300 CE. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to Art History 206: This class covers the visual arts and elements of architecture from the late Gothic period, through the Renaissance and into the Baroque. In this study we will learn how these markers of time reflect social, religious, and historical aspects of these cultures, which still fascinate us today.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- PREREQUISITES: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. REQUIRED TEXT: Gardners Art through the Ages: The Western Perspective, Volume II, 14th Edition, publ. 2013, Publisher: Cengage Learning, Fred S. Kleiner, Boston University, ISBN-10: 1133954804 or ISBN-13: 9781133954804 Consider getting your text via an online format, available at Cengage Learning where you pay a small percentage of the price, and where you can read the book via your computer.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||15437||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Susanne E Tringali
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek