Covers medical staff organization, physician credentialing, and quality improvement techniques in the healthcare setting. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is only open to students admitted to the HIM program. See http://www.pcc.edu/him for admission information. This class is designed for second year students in the HIM program. HIM271 and HIM 274 must be taken together.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- This class will use the AHIMA textbook, 'Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach', Fourth Edition, which is used in many other classes in the program and is an important study tool when preparing for the RHIT exam. We will also use the textbook 'Fundamentals of Health Care Quality Management' Fourth Edition, by Patrice Spath, that is published by Brown-Spath & Associates. Patrice is a national consultant and trainer in Quality Management. She lives in Hillsboro, Oregon and can frequently be seen at the Oregon Health Information Management conferences.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|11449 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Bonnie M Altus
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade