Provides the conceptual framework, factual knowledge and analytical skills needed to pursue a career in health information management. Surveys the endocrine, lymphatic, cardiovascular, digestive, respiratory, reproductive, urinary, and some coverage of human development, human genetics, and immunology. Prerequisites: HIM 128; WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to HIM 129, Human Anatomy and Physiology for Health Information Management! This is a highly visual course! If your learning style requires more hands-on methods for success, you might consider an anatomy and physiology course with a lab component. Check with the HIM chair for appropriate alternatives.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The course is based around readings of the textbook Visual Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology, 1st ed., by Martini et al., published by Pearson. You are welcome to buy either the stand-alone book, the e-book, or the version packaged with a CD and MasteringA&P access. The CD and Mastering access will not be required but definitely contain useful study tools.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|11936 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Nora G Stevens
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade