Introduces the design, uses, and terminology of a database management system. Includes data modeling using Entity Relationship modeling tools and Semantic Object modeling tools, normalization rules, relational database terminology, program/query development, multi-user database issues (including the Internet) and data administration. Prerequisite: CIS 133B or CIS 133N or CIS 133J or CIS 133W or CIS 195P or CS 161 or CIS 125D or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|30081||Web||—||—||26-Jun-2017 thru 26-Aug-2017||Textbooks for CRN 30081|
Instructor: Jeff M Fried
Notes: SQL Server 2012
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4287 or 971-722-4393.
Course details: CRN 30081
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
SQL Server and SQL Server Management Studio are required. A free version is available from Microsoft, but paid versions are available through Dreamscape.