CIS240L Linux Installation and Config
Introduces the administration of systems utilizing the Linux operating system. Focuses on knowledge and skills necessary for day-to-day operations on a Linux system using the command line. This is the first course of a two course sequence. Prerequisite: CS 140U or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class requires installing the Linux Operating System. It is up to the student to determine whether to use barebones hardware or a virtual machine. If a virtual machine is used it is recommended that the host system have a minimum of 4GB of RAM and 20GB of free disk space.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Text: PRACTICAL GUIDE TO FEDORA and RED LINUX,with DVD, 7th Edition Author SOBELL Edition/Copyright 7TH 14 Published Date 2014 ISBN 9780133477436, Required hardware: A computer system on which to install Linux, note virtual machine software such as Virtual Box is acceptable.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||23545||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 13-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Jim B Santmyer
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania