Introduces the general principles of chemistry: gases, oxidation-reduction, acid-base concepts, equilibrium, physical and chemical properties of solutions, nuclear chemistry, and organic hydrocarbons. This is the second course in a three course sequence. Prerequisite: CH 104. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|31305||Web||—||—||26-Jun-2017 thru 08-Sep-2017||Textbooks for CRN 31305|
Instructor: James R Hart
Notes: Labkit REQD:LP-0179CK-01 @holscience.com L:C000289 P:labpaq
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5209 (Office).
Course details: CRN 31305
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Online publisher materials
We will use OWL for the homework for our course, which comes with the textbook when it is purchased new from the Cascade bookstore. The access code can also be purchased separately from the publisher at Cengage through a link that will be provided at the beginning of the term.
We do not recommend that you attempt to purchase the access code for the OWL homework package from any source other than the Cascade bookstore or directly from Cengage.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
Students are expected to have a reliable Internet connection, and they are expected to use a modern word processing application such as Microsoft Word.
All the labs will performed at home. The lab kit must be purchased separately. To buy the Lab Kit CK-PCC-105, Custom LabPaq, click here. You need to login:
The current price is $205 + shipping. Make sure you choose this exact kit with the code CK-PCC-105.