Explores career opportunities in the health professions. The focus will be on the educational and licensing requirements, professional and ethical responsibilities, physical requirements, workplace environment and career pathways of each profession. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course explores the wide variety of careers in the fields of health care, focusing on those that can be attained with undergraduate studies. Learning activities include writing a journal about career information, quizzes, weekly discussions and online research. You will have the opportunity to network with fellow students who are pursuing careers in health care in the discussions. For those who are planning to go on to post graduate degrees in health care, you will be able to explore these as part of your final assignments. There is no textbook for this course and there will be no on-campus classes.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The ability to work in Desire2Learn (the online course program), basic computer and writing skills and good time management are necessary to be successful in this course.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|30497 WEB »||-||20-Jun-2016 thru 03-Sep-2016|
Instructor: Joclyn G Thornburg
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania