Covers all aspects of creating an office for a virtual specialist. Includes developing an individual business plan, creating a marketing plan incorporating a social media marketing strategy, establishing a fee rate range, identifying software requirements, planning a company website, legal requirements, insurance issues, negotiating contracts, and creating a file management system. Recommended: CAS 246. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- 'A virtual entrepreneur is an entrepreneur whose business is located primarily online, whereas a traditional entrepreneur's primary business location is a 'brick and mortar' building. Both the virtual entrepreneur and the traditional entrepreneur work for themselves. Some work by themselves, while others work with a partner. Still others have employees who report to them. For the purpose of this course, the focus will be on virtual entrepreneurs who work alone or with a partner but do not have any employees.' (Smedley, 2014, p. xvii)
Assess skills and abilities to determine readiness and suitability for becoming a virtual entrepreneur.
Complete exercises that will take the student through the process of setting up and running a virtual business.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students will be exploring home-based entrepreneurial business opportunities in the virtual environment. Techniques and technologies needed by virtual entrepreneurs will be covered during this course. Each student will conduct market research, develop and write a formal business plan which includes marketing strategy, and create a unique home-based virtual business.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|41545 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Randi M Barr
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade