MSD107 Organizations & People
Examines what people think, feel, and do in organizations. Includes motivation theory and practice and how an individual employee's personality and learning style affects productivity; how team dynamics affect and are affected by the individual employee; how the organization's structure and climate affects individual and team productivity and organizational change and development. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- I want to welcome you to MSD 107, Organizations and People. This class introduces you to the study of organizational effectiveness through its employees. We will look into how the personality, skills, and attitude of the employee can impact employee productivity. In terms of individual productivity, we also examine the effects of the team and the the way an organization is structured. This class will have as its foundation a text, Organizational Behavior, 2e, by McShane and Von Glinow (ISBN 9780078029516), and my class notes. The chapter readings are posted in the weekly 'To Do' instructions located on the Content Page. Each week we will engage in discussions based on the subject matter for that week. I will introduce the discussion topics each Monday and you will repond with your ideas on this topic by the end of the week, Sunday night. For the first week only, you must post you discussion by Friday evening. Beginning the second week, you will submit a written assignment each week. These can be accessed by clicking on the Dropbox and opening the assignment for the week. There will be 3 essay quizzes due throughout the term to determine your understanding of the concepts and vocabulary. That's about it for now, I'm looking forward to helping you in your quest to better understand your employees!
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||10583||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Joe B Wright
Notes: 971-722-6146. $20 fee.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Extended Learning Campus CLASS