Focuses on design, development and implementation of SQL programming for all types of relational database applications including client/server and Internet databases. Covers the writing of complicated interactive and embedded SQL statements and the implications of multi-user database applications. Recommended: two-term programming language sequence. Prerequisites: CIS 275 and (CIS 133B or CIS 133N or CIS 133J or CIS 133W or CIS 195P or CS 161 or CIS 125D) or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- * This course uses Desire2Learn. To login to your course, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login. * This class requires time and dedication on your part. You will be online a lot during the term so be sure you have a solid computer and a stable internet connection. * You must have a headset for talking and listening to online meetings. * You can prepare by ensuring you have SQL Server Management Studio for connecting to PCC's server housing SQL Server 2012. If you want to be really ready you will also have Oracle's SQL Developer ready to go for connecting to PCC's server housing Oracle 10g. Good luck and good coding.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- * Text: SQL The Complete Reference, 3rd Edition, by Groff, Weinberg and Oppel, McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, 2009, ISBN-10 0071592555, ISBN-13 978-0071592550. This text is suggested but you may find another reference book that meets your needs. * You will need a headset! You need to be able to talk and listen to what's going on in the online room. This is very important for your success in the class as we use Collaborate for online meetings. The PCC Bookstore sells them for less than $10.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|40515 WEB »||-||21-Sep-2015 thru 12-Dec-2015|
Instructor: Vicki J Jonathan
Notes: Oracle PL/SQL and SQL Server 2012.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania