Prepares computer professionals for providing training and support to end users. Includes the roles and responsibilities of the end-user support person; characteristics of the adult learner; and strategies and techniques for developing instruction, teaching technical subject matter, troubleshooting and providing ongoing technical support. Prerequisites: CIS 120 or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This course prepares computer professional for providing training and support to end users. Includes the roles and responsibilities of the end-user support person; characteristics of the adult learner; and strategies and techniques for developing instruction, teaching technical subject matter and providing ongoing technical support. IMPORTANT: Students MUST read every word of this syllabus. Regardless of how many classes you have taken at PCC, online or from me personally. Students are expected to know and understand how the course will be presented, how the lab process works, how grades are calculated, etc. Students with questions should present them as soon as possible. Misunderstanding the syllabus is no excuse for missed work.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Specific topic coverage includes: Introduction to CUS, Product Evaluation Strategies, Customer Service Skills, End-User Needs Assessment Projects, Skills for Troubleshooting Computer Problems , Installing and Managing End-User Computers, Common Support Problems , Training Computer Users, Help Desk Operation , Writing for End Users, User Support Management, A User Support Utility Tool Kit
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|46946 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Sarabjeet S Waraich
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania