ED224 Foundations of Education
Provides an overview of the history and current issues in the field for K-12 education including the impact of philosophy on practice. Prerequisites: RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to ED 224DL, an online course using Desire2Learn, the Learning Management Software at PCC. The course is modular, each of the ten modules consisting of lectures, reading assignments, and written assignments with due dates. Lectures, textbook readings, and a variety of additional tasks will provide you with the content materials needed for your written work and for active participation in the discussions. Assignments, grading criteria and learning outcomes are clearly described in each module. Additional weekly tasks may include viewing of videos, articles, and Internet resources. Links are provided for each in the module content. Setting aside specific times to read the materials, and to participate in the course will help you to stay on track as we move from one module to the next. Expect to login at least three times each week to work on the modules, to check email, discussion messages, news announcements, and to participate in discussions. This course is required by most teacher preparation programs.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Course Prerequisites: RD 115, WR 115 or consent of Instructor. Required Text: Ornstein, Allan C., Daniel U. Levine, Gerald L. Gutek, David E. Vocke. Foundations of Education, 12th edition. Houghton Mifflin Co., 2014. This textbook is quite comprehensive and will be a major source of information for the on-line version of this course. To login to the course, click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left side of your MyPCC homepage. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||21805||-||31-Mar-2014 thru 14-Jun-2014|
Instructor: Lori H Wamsley
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade