Introduces the concept of health information management and health informatics including the components of content, use and structure of healthcare data along with information keeping practices in both paper and electronic systems. Corequisite: HIM 120. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is 100% online. There are no on-campus meetings. Make sure you have registered for HIM 120 as that is the lab section for this class.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Textbook for this class is: Health Information Management Technology: An Applied Approach 5th edition (newly published and not available until sometime in July) by Nanette Sayles. Publisher is AHIMA. If you become a student member with AHIMA you get discounts on AHIMA products. You may want to consider looking at AHIMA prior to the school's bookstore. There may be an option on AHIMA's website where you can purchase the textbook and AHIMA student membership as a bundle, but until the book is published you won't be able to get it.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|47286 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Judy L Osswald
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade