ESOL153 Grammar 1
Includes the identification and practice of the following grammatical structures: subject-verb agreement, question and negation structure, verb tenses, sentence patterns, and sentence types. This elective class is designed to reinforce concepts in both oral and written contexts. Does not replace courses in the core curriculum. Prerequisites: Placement in ESOL 40/40N and ESOL 42/42N and ESOL 44/44n or higher. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Course assignments include watching videos/lectures, online practice, written sentences, discussion board, weekly quizzes, and a final exam. Text: ESOL 153/153N Handbook This handbook is available inside the class on the Content page in the module 'Course Information'. You can also buy your own copy from the Portland Community College Bookstore on the Sylvania Campus.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Prerequisites: placement in ESOL 40/40N ESOL 42/42N and ESOL 44/44N or higher. This class does not replace courses in the core curriculum. You will need to complete the online orientation before you can register. Let me know if you need help with this, or you can contact the Student Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org Minimum technical skills: Students who take ESOL 153 should be able to access the internet at least three times a week. Students should also be able to type and access email. Students will need to have access to either speakers on their computer or a personal headset in order to listen to videos.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||26204||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 11-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Heather D Kalowsky
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania