CHLA201 Intro Chicano/Latino Studies 1
Introduces Chicano/Latino history in the United States beginning with Spanish colonization and continuing with the Mexican-American War and the migration of Chicanos/Latinos. Covers the events that shaped the Chicano/Latino experience, such as the Bracero Program, the Chicano Movement, and U.S. foreign policy in Latin America. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Please join us in discovering a non-traditional side of American History. You can expect to be surprised, enlightened, annoyed, disappointed, hurt, renewed! And definitely expect to be hit with the rigors of online learning demands. A challenging but very essential topic. Courses in the ChLa series need NOT be taken in sequence.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Students must be familiar with the online learning format and its personal demands on personal organization. College level reading and writing are recommended. The required text for this class is: Harvest Of Empire- A History of Latinos in the US, Juan Gonzalez, Revised Edition.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||18073||-||05-Jan-2015 thru 21-Mar-2015|
Instructor: Guadalupe L Martinez
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek